Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New article on a dangerous toxin in your carpet

I just published another one of my healthy home articles on a particular toxic chemical that is in your carpet.  I am doing a series on carpet and outlining each chemical that the carpet company's do not want you to know about.  As many of you may know, I am an organic interior designer with 12 years of design experience but up until 6 years ago when my father was diagnosed with a rare bladder cancer I had no idea what toxins were used in the textile industry.  Unfortunately my dad had to become ill in order for me to start researching ways to help him fight his cancer and I stumbled onto the toxic chemicals used in the design industry today.  I have made it my mission and my tribute to my father who passed 11 months ago to keep researching  and getting the word out to the public about the toxins and healthier products that are available.  Thankfully I am not alone on this quest and many companies have stepped up to the plate and are offering wonderful interior design products with no harmful toxins.

My article: Chemical styrene in carpet
 http://hubpages.com/hub/why-is-the-toxic-chemical-styrene-in-carpet

Fabricut Fabrics which sells drapery and upholstery fabrics now offers many choices that are non-toxic and are back by the Oeko-Tex Standad 100   http://www.fabricut.com/environment_plus.php?id=23

Tip of the day
remove shoes before stepping in your home, this way you are not bringing the outside toxins in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment